Tuesday, 6 November 2007

Questions To Ask On An Interview

One the main reasons to set up this blog is so it can be used as a resource, at Thorne Employment we have many years experience and we want to give you hints and tips for interviews, starting today with some ideas of what questions to ask, remember it is important to ask questions as it shows you are interested in your prospective employer, so that you are fully prepared you will also see a list of typical questions you may be asked, take some time before your interview to prepare some answers so you are not caught out !

?? QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE ASKED ???

??? Describe your present job?
??? Tell me about yourself?
??? Why do you want to join our company?
??? What do you know about our company and its business?
??? What qualities do you have which make you suitable for this position?
??? What do you understand as the most challenging aspects of this role?
??? Describe your strength and weaknesses?
??? How would your best friend describe you?
??? Tell me about a situation you had when your communication was not clear and how did you handle the situation?
??? Describe how you turned around a bad situation to benefit you and the company?
??? What type of environment do you enjoy working in most?
??? What are your plans for the future and where do you want to be in five years time?

??? QUESTION YOU MAY LIKE TO ASK ???

??? Is this a new or existing position
??? Could you describe a typical day in this role
??? Does your company operate a particular dress code
??? To whom would I report
??? Could I see where I’ll be working
??? Are there any job related training programmes
??? When will you be making your final decision
??? Do you have some more company information I can take away with me
??? What is the next stage of the interviewing process
??? Have I done enough to convince you that I really want this job

Good Luck !

No comments: